Scottish Drift Championship (SDC) 2021
SDC 2021 EVENT DATES
All rounds will be held at Driftland.
· Round 1 Weekender 3/4th July 2021
· Round 2 Sunday 8th August 2021.
· Round 3 Sunday 12th September 2021
· Round 4 FINAL - Sunday 7th November 2021
SDC REGULATIONS FOR 2021
· Minimum 2ltr AFFF handheld extinguisher fitted within reach of the driver while seated and belted.
· Fire retardant gloves are mandatory.
· If aftermarket seats/harnesses are fitted they must securely/safely mounted.
· Front and rear tow straps/tow hooks securely mounted and visible. Either by using a “TOW” sticker or contrasting colour to bodywork.
The above regulations are in addition to the standard Driftland car & driver rules.
Please read these thoroughly as no exceptions will be allowed.
All vehicles will be checked before being allowed on live track.
SDC 2021 Costs
· Driver entry fee per round £100.
· Sun strip is free on initial sign up for 2021. (£10 thereafter).
· Tyre changing £5 per change. (One on/one off) £2.50 per disposal.
· Pit crew £10.
· VIP parking £10 per car. (In addition to spectator entry cost)
· Spectator costs to be confirmed.
SDC 2021 CLASS STRUCTURE & PROGRESSION.
We have been working closely with The British Drift Championship during the off season and the SDC Pro-Am class will now be a direct feeder series to the Pro 2 Grid of the BDC. Therefor we have decided that there will now be 2 classes in the SDC. Which are SDC Pro Class and SDC Pro-Am class. Doing this allows an unimpeded pathway, for non BDC drivers to progress.
SDC Pro Class
Any driver holding a BDC license or BDC season permit can compete in this class.
This class is also open to anyone who wishes to run a larger tyre width than 225 and not make any progression to BDC Pro 2, as there is none from this class.
This class follows all of the SDC regulations and Driftland regulations except the rear tyre rule.
Any tyre up to a maximum width of 265 may be used including semi slicks.
SDC Pro-Am Class
Any driver holding a Full UK manual driving license or a Driftland license.
You cannot take part in this class if you already hold a BDC Licence or BDC Permit for 2021.
This class follows all of the SDC regulations and Driftland regulations.
Road tyres with a maximum width of 225 are allowed in this class. NO SEMI SLICKS.
The top 3 from rounds 1 to 5 of the SDC Pro-Am class will be given the opportunity to compete at the next available round of BDC Pro 2 and attempt to gain a BDC Pro 2 license. (Providing the car and driver meet the BDC regulations).
The top 4 from the SDC 2021 Pro-Am class championship will be issued a season long permit for BDC Pro 2 2022. (Providing the car and driver meet the BDC regulations).
Practice, Qualifying and points structure.
· Group A and Group B, set practice times.
· Qualifying for the 1st round will be in reverse numerical driver number, all rounds after that will be in reverse numerical championship order.
· 2 non-consecutive qualifying runs.
· The point’s structure will also follow in line with the current BDC structure. (Extra points for qualification has been removed).
· All drivers regardless of class, will practice and qualify together.
· There will be a top 24 for Pro-Am and a Top 8 for Pro. (this will be explained in more detail nearer the time).
Mark Gemmell Head Judge